A certified health coach is a professional who has been trained in human nutrition and whole health wellness as well as coaching techniques by a certifying entity that has been accredited by the International Consortium for Health and Wellness Coaches. A certified health coach has earned a certification by taking the required courses and passing the requisite exams. Furthermore, they are re-certified every year via examination.
A certified health coach can help you:
- lose weight
- establish a solid self-care routine
- incorporate healthful habits in a sustainable way
- teach you to prioritize exercise in your busy life
- help you manage your stress in productive, healthful ways
- help you follow your doctors’ orders
- help you get to the bottom of the habits you’d like to change
- get your family on board with helpful lifestyle change
A note: There are a number of individuals referred to as “health coaches” but they are actually product distributors for various companies and do not have the proper training to help you reach your goals in a healthful way. In order to make sure you are working with a certified health coach, ask where they received their coaching certificate from.